Basic Direction of Talent Training
Doosan believes that sustainable performance can only be made possible by the “Right People”. Therefore, the growth of our people takes top priority over all other motivations for investment. Each individual employee reflects deeply on how they can grow and exercise their abilities most effectively, while the company provides abundant opportunities for self-development to support their growth.
HR Development System
Doosan values leadership and professionalism equally.
Each member sets up a growth plan in accordance with his or her strengths and capabilities, and takes part in diverse training courses appropriate to their growth path.
Doosan Leadership College
Doosan’s unique leadership course, developed with the Doosan Credo and Doosan people’s nature in mind, will strengthen job performance while enabling trainees to learn the Doosan Way by heart.
– Build up the intrinsic characteristics required of Doosan people
– Realize role per position and strengthen job performance
– Capacity building course for new employees and orientation course for new employees with previous work experience
– Promote positive changes based on self-awareness
– Improve job practices and problem solving ability
– In-depth course for improving core capability as per individual training plan
– Human resource development empowerment (Comprehensive course, e-learning and reading communication programs)
Doosan Professional College
To strengthen the fundamental competitiveness of Doosan, the college course is designed to train experts in diverse fields. Trainees are shaped into experts to lead innovation on-site through systematic programs that deliver the knowledge and know-how required for each job.
– Reinforce job performance phase by phase
– Train in-house instructors and facilitators for training courses
– In-house instructor training program
– Train talents to perform global tasks
– English, Japanese, Chinese language courses
– Doosan Expert Course for sojourning employees
Since 1977, the Doosan Leadership Institute (DLI) has been supporting the growth of the group with training programs and activities designed to nurture talent.
In 2005, the DLI was restructured with the express intent of creating an organization that would develop global leaders. It was renamed as DLI-Yonkangwon, incorporating the pen-name of the late Too Pyung Park, founder of the Doosan Group.
About 25,000 Doosan people from local and overseas sites visit DLI-Yonkangwon every year and ponder over solutions to pending problems. The DLI is a space for learning and growth that realizes and continuously develops Doosan’s philosophy of “People Are the Future”.